Is Lexus Link still available?

My dealer told me they dropped the program years ago and it's no longer offered. And if that's so, why does my system's voice command when I start the car indicate that Lexus Link is active? ( '02 CPO'd LS430)

As I understand it, it was part of OnStar so, logically I would think subscribing to OnStar would do the same thing?

Also, if Lexus Link is no longer working, what happens if I push the emergency button on the overhead console (without doing the obvious and pushing it to find out)?

Reply to
nospam

Lexus Link is no longer available for sale on new Lexus'. However, for your LS there are two no-charge options available at your dealership:

1) update the message to more accurately reflect your SUBSCRIPTION status 2) remove the system (and the message) completely and replace it with a sunglasses holder.

You may still subscribe if you wish (I think it's $195 per year for basic security services and $400 for security plus concierge-type services) by pushing the non-emergency, "services" button. However, come 2008, cel phone providers are no longer required to support the analog cel technology Lexus Link currently utilizes.

Reply to
greg