Rear seat passenger supplemental reading lights?

I have a 2007 Lexus RX400h and would like to have installed a couple of supplemental reading lights in the headliner for the benefit a rear seat passengers. I don't want the usual black gooseneck surface-mount reading lamps. What I'm looking for are lamps that can be recessed into the headliner and appear to have been factory-installed. I know there are shops that install speakers in headliners so I can't see why there wouldn't also be supplemental reading lamps that can be installed just as speakers are installed and which can receive their power from the inadequate dome light. I realize that the headliner would have to be dropped to do this but also know its doable.

Anyone know where I can find such 12 volt lamps and get them installed? I'm in the NYC metro area.

Thanks.

Reply to
Dejola

The Toyota Avalon and Lexus LS have reading lamps that are recessed into the headliner above the rear doors. Pick them up at a dealership and ask them or an accessory shop to install them.

Reply to
Ray O

I'd recommend an LED module from an '06 Lexi and above over the incandescent bulb modules from older Lexi; you'll most likely never have to replace them. Or, assuming you have passengers in the back seat who are willing to muss up their hair while wearing the headphones to watch dvd's, get a couple of multi-5mm LED headlamps (the kind you strap to your head for hiking in the dark); that would be a whole lot less expensive solution :)

Reply to
greg