Passenger seat adjuster

I have a 1993 Toyota 2WD extended cab. Recently my passenger seat stopped having the ability to slide forward when the seat is released to gain access to the rear. The seatback still inclines forward but the bottom does not slide forward. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.................ben

Reply to
Ben

Broken cable which is pulled on when the back is flipped forward, then it releases it from the slides. The cable end is broken, last tiem I checked, thsi cable wasnt available by itself, but with an entire metal seat bottom for about $300. But I have used the cable from a 1988

4Runner which will work, but you must tie a knot in the cable where it hooks to the seat back to shorten it, the rest is about the same. After time, this cable will be available seperatly, I havent checked in a while.
Reply to
MDT Tech®

I've heard of folks using bicycle brake cable to replace the broken cable. One from their trash will probably be long enough.

Reply to
Wolfgang

You might get lucky in a pull-your-own junkyard.

max-income

Reply to
max-income