Citroen C5 Speedometer not working

Hi,

My dad's speedometer has stopped working, garage quoting nearly £500 to fix... (Plus the £64 to do a diagnostic check and confirm that it was broken!)

Anyway, I'm assuming it's a stepper motor or linkage to the needle that has gone as the odometer and cruise control work fine. Searching the net gave some hints, but no clear solution.

As a first step, does anyone know how to get the speedo unit off to have a look?

(Citroen C5 VTR HDI ESTATE (2006 Reg) 1560 Diesel Manual)

Reply to
David Taylor

sounds like the stepper motor, you can swap the tacho one to test, this place repairs the cluster: "Had the same problem with mine and the dealer said it was either the BSI or the Speedo head. Both in the region of 300quid, scrappies wanted 120 upwards with no guarantee but an internet search informed me of a guy called ethan at clusterrepairs.co.uk. He assisted me on how to get the unit out and fixed it in a morning because I took it to him, but also does mail order. Cost 120 and guaranteed for 12months. Top bloke would recommend"

from this page:

Mrcheerful

Good info to know. Citroen make relatively cheap cars, but they know how to charge for repairs (as I have found since buying my daughter a C2!)

Reply to
asahartz