identify this rack

and win a prize (or soemthing)

dojj

Wonder when Ford started fitting racks on similar sized cars? BMC, of course, had used racks on at least some medium sized cars since WW2.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Talking of which, what would people say if Paul Dirac fell on Jayne Mansfield? They'd say 'look at Dirac on that Jayne Mansfield.' Oh yes they would. Well, if they were physicists they would anyway.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Personally I'd run like hell for a shotgun, that seemed to w ork in Night of the Living Dead :-)

Reply to
DuncanWood

I believe it is a chevette rack, but I can't see a manual to doublecheck.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

The message from "mrcheerful ." contains these words:

Doesn't look like the one in my Haynes BoL for the Chuvvit. The pic I've got shows a locknut for the support yoke, not a bolt-on plate, the end cover is just a metal cap, not a bolt on plate, and there are other differences too.

Of course - might be a different model...looks /more/ like the CamGears Chuvit rack - but still not quite right.

Reply to
Guy King

Thought that was gonna be something rude when I read the subject :)

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

doublecheck.

The drg doesn't look quite right to me. It appears that item 20. The end cover has a hole in it. Can't be for the steering column, as the spline for that, is at the other end of the pinion. If that is the case, item 20 should be a blank plate. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I was also hoping to see nice "RACK" as well, damn you Dojj with your on topic discussion's

so keep this thread in line heres a rack that may interest you

Prolly work safe, but may not be

ronny

Reply to
Ronny

LOL!!!!!! that won't be work safe as we can't see any pictures at work and any that do come though that we click on get repsonded to with a "you are in breach of H@H internet protocols, this has been reported to the administrator" and other warnign shit :(

Reply to
dojj

Now thats a rack!

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Its a LHD Morris 1800 Land Crab Rack which has been turned upside down.

Reply to
Kas

I like to please

Ronny

If you turn a rack upside down the car will go left when you steer right !! That could be exciting.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Depends whether the rack is in front of or behind the front wheels!

Reply to
PJML

The message from "mrcheerful ." contains these words:

Not if the steering arms are in front of the pivot instead of behind!

Reply to
Guy King

of course!, you're right, provided the location changed it would work correctly. I never thought of that possibility.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Hehe "Nice Rack Basil"

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

Sunbeam/Avenger ??

Reply to
JK

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember " dojj" saying something like:

Afair, the SE5a rack was, as has been mentioned, a BL 1800 LHD one.

I've just had a look in the Alterparts book, but no mention of it; try asking on the yahoo group for Scims...

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon