Knock Knock

I have previously sought advice about this problem on this newsgroup and received some helpful advice. 1999 Vauxhall Vectra 1.8LS hatchback.

80000 miles on the clock. I hear a knocking sound as In drive over uneven surfaces. Following advice from an expert on this group I had a dry noisy O/S/R lower suspension bush replaced. The noise continues. No noticeable improvement at all. I have now been advised that I need to replace the rear anti roll bar. Does this mean the actual anti roll bar or are there some bushes and links and other things that go with this ? Do roll bars actually wear out, and will it cure the problem ? Is this an expensive job ? Any advice most welcome as I am worried sick about this
Reply to
Oscar fabricant

I bought a Renault Savanna from new some years ago. During the first 6 months it was continually back at the dealers to cure a front end knock. They replaced bushes and all sorts of bits. Eventually it appeared that the wrong roll bar had been fitted at the factory (how? search me). The correct one sorted it. I relate this to you in case your problem is the same.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

I take it the knock is definitely coming from the rear of the car?

Reply to
gazzafield

Yes it is as I have had this confirmed independently

Reply to
Oscar fabricant