Peogeot 308 Engine Undershield removal.

308 1.6 diesel, preparing to change oil located the oil filter and checked I need 27mm socket and just looked underneath to see where and what drain plug is. Can't see it because of plastic under engine covers, as I have not fully raised car can't see too much on which covers I will have to remove and just how they fixed, they look to interlock in places. I think it will be the large cover I will have to remove. Can see 4 10mm skt. head screws, are there more, maybe 2 more recessed towards the rear? Do I have to remove any other covers which seem to be interlocked particularly at the front? I was hoping to know what drain plug is before I lift car up and secure safely so I had all tools to hand. Regards David
Reply to
David Park

hi 21mm spanner socket etc. cant answer the under tray question i`m Citroen but you should be able to drop the centre part.

Reply to
Redstar

You undo the bolts around the tray and drop it off. Its an easy job.

10mm spanner.

have found that a shortened 27mm spanner is ideal to use and tap with hammer to loosen.

BTW Ford oil filters fit if they are any cheaper.

Removing the filter you have to remove the bar over the filter make it a lot easier to remove. Also place a piece of cardboard over the radiator to protect it from damage its fragile and marks very easily.

Reply to
Rob

If it's anything like my Berlingo, there's a number of "screws" dotted round the outside of the undertray. They turn through 90 degrees and pop out, and there's one towards the rear of the undertray in the centre.

21mm socket will take your drain plug out.

Get yourself some oil filter pliers like these (no connection with seller)

It'll be the best £5.39 you have ever spent. I've not found a filter they haven't shifted with complete ease yet..

Reply to
Mike P

NO NO NO - these have a paper filter inside the cover and its necessary to use a spanner.

Reply to
Rob

Well if you hadn't been so shouty, I might have now have been more helpful and pointed out the numerous resources, including a video which will walk you through the filter changes and removal of the undertray in full. Now I won't.

Reply to
Mike P

, including a video which will walk you through the filter changes and removal of the undertray in full. Now I won't.

******

It wasn't me that shouted, so I'm to suffer who is the OP. Regards David

Reply to
David Park

Incorrect advice is not very helpful.

How are you going to use filter pliers on one of these paper filters?

Rob

Incorrect advice is not very helpful.

How are you going to use filter pliers on one of these paper filters?

******

Yes the round one is the one used.

Can someone give me the link to the video that shows the under shield being removed please, which my original post is about.

Lets get over the pettiness.

Regards David

Reply to
David Park