Windshield Wiper Cowl Grill???

Does anyone know a good/best place (Online) to buy this part, plus the screw caps, for my 2000 Mazda Miata, at not a rip off price???

TIA for any info.

Reply to
S K

Never mind. I found one from from Mazda Mini Salvage, recommended to me by teammiata.com, just $35.00 + shipping. I'm assured he'll send me one in good condition (not too oxidized or cracked). Should be here by Monday or Tuesday.

Been a good car week for me. My Chevy 94 S-10 P/U has had an intermittent working Wiper/ wiper washer etc. Would work for a few days, one or two, after a very slight tap on the connector. Dang dealer would change out the entire wiper motor unit (Part around

250.00 + labor, probably total around $400.00, and not worth it too me. I ended up buying the wiper, "Pulse," ckt. board fpr less than $36.00 total, with shipping, from JC Whitney. Very easy to replace. Now I should be in like flint for another 13 yrs. Truck only has around 47,000, original miles on it. Saved myself BIG TIME on that one.
Reply to
Jazz_Azz

Had the same problem on my '98 S10 and my 97 Suburban. The Suburban was covered on a recall, the S10 wasn't. They said not enough people had complained yet about the S10.

Reply to
BAK

Bak>> After reading your reply, it made me think about my Wife's 97 Monte Carlo that only has its' original 43,000 or so miles., with the

3.0 litre V6, a very fine running/handling car. Still feels and responds and handles brand new. But I took a look for its' wiper motor. Man there is so much stuff under that hood. And the Master Brake cylinder looks huge compared to my S10, taking up all that space where the wiper motor is located in the P/U. And in the very corner (Drivers side also) is this unit with a label on top about refrigerant, so must be part of the air conditioner. No matter how hard I look, I can not see the wiper motor unit in that car. Where might it be?. Heaven help me if that one goes out. The (@#$%^&*) dealer will make some money off me in that case>>>GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

In ten years have only had two things go bad, besides having to do normal maintenance. The air bag idiot light came on, would go back off, and on again. Turned out to be the air back cable harness going to the passenger air bag had some corroded pins. Happened the week after the 36,000 mi/3 yr. warranty was up. I had a fit, insisting that was a safety item, similar to them having to take care of seat belt issues. They would not cave, finally waving the cost of the part. That did help. And then the turn signal switch/contact unit in the steering column went bad, coincidentally the day I had Sears put in a new battery. But turned out to be just a coincidence since the contacts in the unit are strictly mechanical make and break (Non electronic). Didn't cost very much at the dealer anyway. Other than that has been a wonderful car.

Reply to
Jazz_Azz