How to open trunk without battery c230 1998

Hi folks,

I have taken out the battery from the trunk and closed the trunk. I tried to open the trunk by inserting the little steel key into the key hole and turned by 90 degree, the trunk could not be open.

I would be very much appreciated if someone can give me an idea of what to do. It was a 1998 c230 Mercedes.

thanks

Casper

Reply to
happy_all_time

Do you have the owner's manual? It should tell what to do in case of a dead battery.

Have you opened the trunk with the key before? The lock mechanism could be sticky from lack of use, so you may have to work the key back and forth a few times to loosen it up. Does your trunk open by just turning the key, or do you have to turn and push?

Can you still -- My sedan has a keyhole right next to the latch handle on the trunk lid.

-- insert the key, turn the key counterclockwise. you feel the lock change

-- position, then holding the handle of your trunk, turn the key again

-- counterclockwise by 90 degrees.

Is that enough ideas? :-)

Reply to
MasterBlaster

I put the key in the key hole it gos in but it will not turn

Reply to
wanya.royalty

Turn the key over. I had the same issue, in that I could lock and unlock the trunk using the key, but not open it. In a fit of pique I tried the key in the other position, and it opened the trunk.

Reply to
nexusvt100