190 shifter light

Please, how do I remove the center console to get at the light illuminating the PRN321 legend. I've looked but can't see an obvious way to remove the
center console.
    thanks
The shifter console surround is pressure fitted with plastic clips at the top (closest to the radio) and the bottom. Because the wood finish is fragile, even when new, use a plastic wedge or cloth wrapped flathead screwdriver to carefully pry up the surround from the bottom side. As you lever the piece up, unplug the console switches and lift the surround. You do not have to undo the shifter, which is bolted at the bottom of the shaft. The bulb for the shifter console is a small bulb located at the top.