2001 mustang remove center console

Trying to remove the center console. The manual I have is relay crappy.

Anyway

Removed plastic console panel around gear shifter.

Removed the 2 screws holding the center console to the dash.

Removed 2 screws in glove box.

Removed the glove box

I can't get the console off the due to the emergency brake handle.

Took the screws off that hold the emergency brake boot to the console.

Ran out of time but there appears to be a bolt that that holds the front of the emergency brake handle to the floor.

If I remove the bolt will the handle move enough so I can wiggle the console out?

I have a stiff shifter or cable which I trying to fix.

Anyone done that?

Reply to
Len Rominger