190e SHIFTS LIKE A TANK!

My father has a 1993 190E 2.3 and when shifting from 1 to 2 it engages like you are going full throttle all the time. We changed the trans fluid and put a new computer in it, what else can we do

-- ReDevil
View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-413261.htm
Send from http://www.carstalk.ne
I had a car that had a clunky tranny and I took it to the dealer and they put some additive to de gum the transmission. Took about a week or two but things became smoother. Don't know what the product was they added.
You need to check the vacuum hose going to the tranny on the driver side. Make sure the connection is good and tight.
If you are original owner and never had the tranny overhauled, then it has to be vacuum problem.
If overhauled or not original owner, then check vacuum hose and you may have to adjust the vacuum modulator on the side of tranny where that vacuum hose goes to... by turning to the front of the car direction, you increase the vacuum which soften the shift. Adjust a 1/8 of a turn at a time and remember your original position.