1983 240D right side running lights out - front & back

already know that mercedes' have the option to only turn on the left/right side running lights for parking in Europe. I noticed that my running lights on the front and back are out. I checked the rear bulb and it looks fine. Rationally that would mean a few things....

  1. 240Ds have left/right side lights wired seperately and I may have a fuse burnt for right side.
  2. The right side lights are wired in series and if one bulb blows, they both go out.
  3. The headlight switch is not energizing the right side running lights only.(headlights work fine)

Anyone with experience in this or advise?

Reply to
aaronwa

clarification.....

I noticed that my runn> already know that mercedes' have the option to only turn on the

Reply to
aaronwa

What do you mean you "checked it and it looked fine"? Did you put a continuity meter across it? Did you try a different bulb--like one from the working side? Did you check the fuses? Do you have the main light switch turned clockwise one click from the

12 o'clock position? (The single side function is counterclockwise from 12 o"clock.)

aar> already know that mercedes' have the option to only turn on the

Reply to
coolmale48

OK youre gonna love this, check the fuse then check the headlight relay behind the fuses (maybe close to fuses if you do not have a screwed down cover behind them) and then check the ground wires. Mine was the headlight relay.

Reply to
macdrone