1987 190E mercedes screen wiper

My screen wiper (one centrally mounted single wiper for both sides of the screen) has ceased to function. I thought it was a fuse, but they all seem OK. If I put the screen wiper manually up to ~ full
centre, then turn on the wiper, the wiper goes to fully left of the screen, then stops. Does this mean a new motor/electronics circuit, or some other expensive repair? Any help would be appreciated. Regards, John
Check the nut that holds the arm to it's shaft. It will be under a protective cover at the pivot point of the arm.
Paul 84 500SEL

Probably most likely to be just a bad motor... If you don't hear any motor sound or any movement, then it is most likely to be the motor... Did you physically remove the fuse? You must physically remove the fuse and inspect it... I would put in a new one just for the test. After all, I can just be the fuse.
Motor is not expensive at all.
Nothing works. Believe me. It's only a matter of time till whatever you do fails. The only, I repeat ONLY way to repair this is to source out a used panel or buy new. Period.

Sorry, I replied to the wrong post!