1989 300E Update

I went through 2 bottles of techron via high test , as always.... It is still hard to start though. When starting though if you tap on the gas it wants to cut out, when u dont touch the gas it runs at around 4-50 rpms. It
has to warm up for about 2 minutes or if you go to drive or reverse she dies.... any ideas? _Charlie_ Monmouth County NJ!
Does your description apply to cold starts or hot starts?
Chuck that sounds alot like when my ignition coil went bad. It's worth a look, check for visual hot spark. I checked my coil with a VOM and the resistance was good but it sure wouldn't deliver the spark necessary to run under load. Good luck.

At most times it is when the motor is cold. It still wont idle correctly when warm. Isnt the ignition coil connected to the wire from the distributor cap? How hard is it to change?-Chuck