1996 sl320 cannot remove hardtop red convertible button light does not shut of

My 1996 SL320 has all of a sudden activated the red light button on the console. This red light stays on continually when car is started. Consequently, I can not remove the hard top or unlock the mechanism.
Futhermore, the roll bar, button has also sized and the alarm light under the drivers mirror, comes on red/green , then it goes off. Please note, I disconnected the battery for half hour, checked fuses, but to avail. Can any remedies be suggested? Thank you.

I recently had a similar problem with my 500sl. The passenger window wouldn't operate and the hardtop would not release. I had two problems. Bad connection at the fuse which wouldn't let enough juice through to operate the window, and a dirty relay on the circuit board that controls all the things you mentioned. Mercedes uses relays so all the current does not go through the switches. On the 500 there is a circuit board located behind the passenger seat under what in the 320 would be the back seat that is about 4 X 8 inches long, that has about 12 relays that control all motors of the things you are having problems with. If none of your simple checks turn up anything, this circuit board is a common point of all the items you are having trouble with.