flashing light next to the hazard button

I have a little red light that flashes when my 2002 Ford Focus SE station wagon is turned off. The light is next to the triangular hazard button on the dash. I always assumed it had something to do with the hazard switch, but my sister tells me it means the ignition anti-theft circuitry is enabled. Is this correct?

++ Ray Kinserlow Jr. ++ kinserlow at earthlink dot net
Reply to
Ray Kinserlow

yes, should go off when you start it, should flash fast when you put a non-programmed key in it.

Johan

Reply to
Johan Berkhoff

replying to Johan Berkhoff, Tony wrote: OK, new question: is there any way to turn that off? I don't want to have to pay

80 dollars for a spare key to my car.
Reply to
Tony