2007 E-class Diesel

Hi All,
I have been toying with the idea of purchasing a new 2006 E320 CDI (US market). With the new 2007 around the corner with the additional emission
controls and added complexity, would it be wise to purchase a 2006 while they are still available? Will the 2006 perhaps be more sought after due to the more simple engine?
Thanks, Jeff
On Mon, 22 May 2006 11:57:28 -0400, "Jeff"

that's definitely a big consideration, most people are always wary of first year cars, and MB's recent history hasn't been good when rolling out new products.
on the other hand next year the low sulphur diesel fuel is being brought to the US and from what I understand the engine is designed for the new fuel whereas the older ones might have problems caused by the new fuel
WARNING: NEVER USE 1800FLOWERS.COM They can't deliver as promised
jdoe wrote:

Wrong.
Here in Europe we have had low sulphur fuel for years and there is nothing wrong with it even with the present engines.
Reg: Harri
I would rather have that new 3 liter CDI, it is being well reviewed.
Just get the long warranty.
Unfortunately, if you want that engine in a Sprinter and you live in the USA, you will have to wait about 8 months since we are not as important as the UK market.
.
I think jdoe means the other way round. But I would think that old engines set up for sulfurous fuel can handle the new low-sulfur stuff, whereas new engines could not handle the sulfur.
DAS
"Harri Markkula" < snipped-for-privacy@netti.Ei.fi> wrote in message
news:cYlcg.4720$ snipped-for-privacy@reader1.news.jippii.net...