E Class 2010

Drool...

I think somebody posted pics here before but I thought this gallery looks nice.

Not dramatic, just classy.

Good thing it's 2010, otherwise they'd sell only three-and-a-half a month in this economic climate.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Dori A Schmetterling schrieb:

It's far from being *all* press photos - but of course enough to get a good impression. (press site states 162 photos as of today as opposed to the 93 in the article)

It depends on - some things are good like the much more horizontal shape of the rear doors' upper window frames of the sedan which make entering the rear easier and the truly excellent passive and active security level, other things are not so good like the small gas tank (59 litres = roughly 13 UK gallons and roughly

15.6 in the US of A) or the neo baroque style design.

I don't understand that (I'm sure I missed something), because delivery for the sedan will start at the end of March (and will not be affected by the scheduled Daimler short-time work).

Reply to
Juergen.
1) Yes, very small PETROL :-) tank. I had 65 litres in my old E Class, IIRC. Bu then the new engines are so frugal you don't need more fuel...

2) Must be an American 2010, which means 2009. I was actually surprised to see this myself but just copied it out of ignorance.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Jürgen already clarified the start of sales issue. I guess US sales start somewhere early summer or so. It is funny how they call it 2010, as well as the fist W221 cars being called MY2007 cars when sales started 2005 in Europe.

Many of the models however have a bigger fuel tank and it should be an option for (most?) others. The fuel consumption is pretty good too, I don't think it would be a bad idea to have the smaller one although the one I ordered has the bigger one (first decade April build date by the way, does that mean low interest or are most buyers waiting to see it in person first?).

Reply to
Anonymous

Dori A Schmetterling ha scritto:

It's already sold, here in Italy. What puzzles me is the quantity of highly sofisticated electronic systems. Just to mention, a robotized viewign system, called "Speed limit assyst", capable to read street signs and to warn driver if the speed is not in line with limit read. Gosh!

See more official info (sorry, in Italian language):

(very long link...)
Eventually, re-pack it up... ;-)

Reply to
Cordy

It is on sale all over Europe and many other places too (I'm not sure about RHD countries). But you cannot get one even if you can buy one, not before end of March or so.

Those who don't want to read Italian, can have a look at the "com" or "de" web pages of MB.

Reply to
Anonymous