230CE/190E Hot Start Revisited

It looks like that I fixed the hot start problem that I was having. There was a fuel strainer in the fuel return fitting. the pressure that it takes to push fuel through the strainer must have been enough to mess up the
control pressure. Why this only matters at hot start, I do not know. I have only driven the car once since removing the strainer and it started fine when hot.
For others who have hot start problems, read this: I removed the fuel return fitting on a 190E fuel distributor. It was about 90% restricted with crud. Any more the pressure regulator can not work because it can not bleed pressure back to the tank. Check to see that the return is not plugged.