260E sunroof stuck open!! HELP!

I recently bought a used 1987 260E sunroof. Anyway, today I was stupid enough to open the sunroof, and once open it won't close. Car is parked outside, and its gonna rain tonight. I don't know what to
do. I don't have a user's manual when I bought the car. Is there anything I can do to close the damn thing. Thanks in advance for any help, any help at all.

Pressing the switch you may be able to move the sunroof manually. I've had this work.
If not, open the trunk. The motor is on the right tucked away and hard to find without a flashlight. You'll see a big nut exposed. That's the manual close thingy. Put a socket on that and TURN and the roof should close.
If memory serves the tire iron is the right size.
Richard Sexton wrote:

Well I tried, it and it still wouldnn't budge. What I found was that there is a white plastic bolt that fits one of the socket handle/level in the toolkit. (By the way its on the left side of the trunk in teh 260E) I tried turning a lot of turns but the sunroof didn't move. Anyway, I just busted that plastic bolt after so many turns. I think the cables that run to the sunroof is probably snagged onto the headliner or something. Looks like a trip to the mechanics tomorrow. Maybe its time to unload this car onto another buyer as soon as possible. Time to cut my loss and move on.

It would be unusual for the cable to bind, it's just a cable in a tube.
If the 124 is like the 126 sunroof than you can just pull on the sunroof headliner, hard and it comes off. Then you can see the way the cable is attached to the sunroof and simply disconnect it.
But, if you can't turn the motor I'd say the motor is fried. Time to get a used one. Don't ask what new ones cost even if you can find one.
http://car-part.com has sources
Spark plug socket.
[even sunroof 123 diesels come with a spark plug socket in the tool kit!!! for the sun roof.....]

Karl wrote:

Spot on, I checked my German w124 250D's kit and there's one as well.
It's still in the 20 yo plastic bag it came in. The bag says "200D 250D 300D m. ESSD", probably means something like "Mit Elektrisch Schiebedach" (one S still missing)
Ximinez