300E throwing axle grease

My 88 300E is throwing differential axle lube. I'm planning to remove the differential in order to replace the differential sub-frame bushings and thought that while it was out we should replace the left and right differential grease seals. Do the flanges pop out of the differential with a large screwdriver used as a fulcrum to thrust them out like other automobiles? Also, once popped do the seals simply flat press into position? Thanks for your help JB

88 300E 99 E55
Reply to
JB