500SEC mystery -can't figure it

Heres the symptoms:
Feels like the handbrake is on, or it's towing a 5 ton caravan , really slow to take off. Feels like the brakes are on, but as soon as I knock it into neutral, it
coasts easy. Economy meter stays half way up, as if accelerater was half way down, even when backing off & cruising. Not running hot. If I give it full throttle, it goes average, whereas before it would take off like a rocket. Suspect someting in the trans, but is supposed to be a recon (I only recently bought this car, and has been running great) any clues? thanks in advance Mac
Macgregor Greer wrote:

<snip>
You have a vacuum leak, time to check those hoses.