2002 Jeep Liberty 4.7l Misfiring - P0300, P0303, P0305, CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT!

I HAVE A JEEP LIBERTY THAT IS MISFIRING ON CYLINDERS 3 AND 5. I REPLACED ALL SPARK PLUGS AND REPLACED THE COILS ON #3 AND 5. STILL SHAKES AND IDLES ROUGH. ACTS LIKE NOTHING WAS REPLACED AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHT FLASHES WHILE DRIVING OR IDLING. FLASHES 10 TIMES AND THEN PAUSES FOR A FEW SECONDS REPEDELY, THEN SOMETIMES IT RUNS OK AND HAS A SLIGHT MISFIRE AND THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT RETURNS, CANNOT COMPRESS THE GAS PEDALPAST HALF WAY OR VEHICLE WILL CUT OUT AND REV LIMITER KICKS IN. WHAT COULD THIS ISSUE BE? CLOGGED FUEL INJECTORS? FAULTY WIRING TO COIL? CAN ANYONE RELATE TO THIS ISSUE?

Reply to
Xtrememx98

Stop yelling.

When you pulled the plugs, what did they look like?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

The flashing check engine light is letting you know a condition exist that will destroy your catalytic converter. If you continue to drive the vehicle like this you are going to have a big hairy repair bill in your future.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Not necessarily, recall the federally mandated 100k mile emissions warranty. I had both cats and indeed most of the exhaust on my truck replaced (since it's one piece) under that warranty at like 75k miles.

Reply to
Pete C.

maybe its not getting fuel. is the fuel pressure normal?

Reply to
boxing

fed emissions warranty is 8years 80k miles, not 100,000

Reply to
jfrancis311

if you continue to drive this car it will cause damage. If you can't fix it, take it some place that can.

Reply to
jfrancis311