560 SEL Oil Cap

I tried to add oil to my sisters SEL and could not get oil cap off. what's the secret?

I and many others have shared your experience. Put a rag on the cap then grip with a large set of pliers. Once you get the cap off I find it helps to bend the two metal tabs on the bottom side of the cap down just a little. This will relieve some of the pressure (grip) so you won't need a tool next time.
Of course you still want a little resistance so it won't vibrate loose. Adjust the tabs, replace, adjust,.... till it's just right.
Bob
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:15:39 -0600, "Wick Barfield"

Ditto... jest use channelock or slipjoint plier... no need to bend tabs...Keep em tight for emission purpose.
use a tool... try a pair of channel locks ??

thanks to all for help. unfortunately by the time I got home my son broke off the grip on the top of the cap and i'll have to replace the whole thing.

what's

Ah the impatience of youth. Make him pay for it :~)