560SEC quit on the road.

Quit like you turned off the key. Had to be towed to a shop. After sitting over night, it sterted and ran OK. I suspect the ignition module, since I
had similar experiences over the years with a Ford and a Volvo. The module lists for about $1800, but I can buy a used one for $125. I plan to buy it and keep it in the car. Does this sound like a good plan?
No... most common would be fuel pump relay.
Ditto to Tiger's suggestion, and a lot cheaper!
permission.
> GUEST wrote
> Quit like you turned off the key. Had to be towed to a shop. Afte sitting > over night, it sterted and ran OK. I suspect the ignition module since I > had similar experiences over the years with a Ford and a Volvo The module > lists for about $1800, but I can buy a used one for $125. I plan t buy it > and keep it in the car > Does this sound like a good plan
Did it die while you wer
driving the car Well it is now in the shop so they'll get it going again My ignition module went bad after 140.000 miles or so and in my cas it sometimes start and sometimes it would't.It never died when drove it.So one day it just wouldn't start anymorel and after doing few checks,I replaced my box witch in my case was the problem When my fuel pump relay went bad,the car would die when I drove it an would sometimes start,sometimes it didn't I removed the fuel pump relay and used a jumperwire so my pumps woul run.I did this to get home and then replaced the relay
Thanks for the replies - you guys are a great help with Mercedes problems.