I QUIT!!!

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

After being a cubs fan for 33+ years I QUIT!!!! Every piece of the x cubs will be put in in storage. I hope Chicago sells the team or builds a new stadium. Wrigley must go the ground before I ever cheer for that worthless team again!!!

Reply to
Paul Brogren

What, you didn't actually think they could do it, did you? They're in CHICAGO... The City of Broad Shoulders (and Narrow Trophy Cases). =(

Tirya Chicagoland native =/ A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep.

Reply to
Tirya

That's Ok Bill. I Love it l!! I packed all of my %*%#$ things in a box and will either bury or burn them!!! One of the items is a 1926 team jacket from Cooperstown. My late father gave it to me. My memoriabilia will all be destroyed or given away!!.

Kinda funny, My best friend in Denver feels the same way. He's clearing out too.

Time to pick a New team!!!

Reply to
Paul Brogren

the Reds are a young, new, fresh team. might be fun to root for them next year.

8~)>

-- bob z.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

Reply to
twaldron

I'll pay for shipping. I'm serious.

Jim Kelly

94XJ GO CUBS
Reply to
Jim Kelly

Approximately 10/15/03 20:40, Paul Brogren uttered for posterity:

The governor of Florida has offered free residency and a full pardon to the guilty fan.

PS. You could always become a Cubs _and_ a Raiders fan if you are into chronic loosers...

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

LOL, that's funny...ROTFL...THE REDS!?!

Reply to
Bob Bobby

I got dibs on that Cooperstown jacket... n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Hehe! I'm with you. I was in the same boat in 1986. I dropped the Red Sox then. Their playing game seven as I type and I don't care. There'll choke in another hour. It sucks to be born to follow losing teams eh?

Perry

87YJ

Paul Brogren wrote:

Reply to
Perry Gagnon

20 major events that have occurred since the Chicago Cubs last won the World Series:
  1. Radio was invented... Cubs fans got to hear their team lose.
  2. TV was invented... Cubs fans got to see their team lose.
  3. Baseball added 14 teams... Cubs fans get to see and hear their team lose to more clubs.
  4. George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th,
50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays.
  1. Haley's comet passed Earth... TWICE.
  2. Harry Caray was born... and died.
  3. The NBA, NHL and NFL were formed, and Chicago teams won championships in each league.
  4. Man landed on the moon... as have several home runs given up by Cubs pitchers.
  5. Sixteen U.S. presidents were elected.
  6. Eleven amendments were added to the Constitution.
  7. Prohibition was created... repealed.
  8. The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, was discovered, and became the subject of major motion pictures, the latter giving Cubs fans hope that something that finishes on the bottom can come out on top.
  9. Wrigley Field was built... and becomes the oldest park in the National League.
  10. Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field's roof to hold all of the team's future World Series pennants. Those flag poles have since rusted and been taken down.
  11. A combination of 40 Summer and Winter Olympics have been held.
  12. Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown; several thanked Cubs pitchers.
  13. Bell-bottoms came in style and went out... and came back in.
  14. The Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks and the Florida Marlins have all won the World Series.
  15. The Cubs played 14,153 regular-season games, and lost the majority of them.
  16. Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Oklahoma and New Mexico were added to the Union.

-- TDC Inca Jeeper A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep.

Reply to
Tirya

Sure does Perry. I think wasn't even able talk yet and Dad was preachin' Cubs.

Reply to
Paul Brogren

Follow-up. Was playing my favorite online battle game tonight ( Yes, I'm

42 and online gaming!) and some guys tell me Red Sox Blow 4-0 lead to lose.

My point is made yet again. Go Yanks! Although they were destined to win based on their opponents inability to finish for nearly a hundred years!

Sorry for the Cubs though. They deserved it more than the Bosox! "I will never say: Better luck next year!" I know when I've been beat. ;-) Only teams I root for these days is my own 30 and over, fat guy, hockey team!

Perry

Paul Brogren wrote:

Reply to
Perry Gagnon

Haven't heard from you, but my offer still stands. I'll pay shipping for all this stuff you want to give away.

Jim Kelly

Reply to
Jim Kelly