77 240D Hard Starting

On my 77 240D, starting at 30 degrees F is very hard. Car starts and sputters for 4 or so seconds and dies. Reheat glow plugs and same result. Sometimes barely get it started on third try. Recently
replaced glow plugs but no better. Car has 145K miles. Runs great when warm and starts well in warmer weather. I have the Mercedes full shop manuals (I have done all maintenance and I purchased car new). I do suspect the "begin-of-delivery" adjustment but can't for the life of me see how the "injection pump is to be loosened and turned" to adjust. I would suspect injectors but it does so well after starting. Please use email to communicate with me as I am a old coldger and do not monitor this fourm. Emal to snipped-for-privacy@wyoming.com. Many thanks.
On Apr 10, 1:17 pm, snipped-for-privacy@wyoming.com wrote:

When were the valves last adjusted?
On Apr 10, 11:17 am, snipped-for-privacy@wyoming.com wrote:

Sounds to me like a problem with the manual choke