81 300sd a/c compressor oil?

my system was serviced with freeze 12, would cool to about 49 degrees, 100+ outside, with some bubbles still in site glass. [as long as comp clutch was hot wired] then valve stem on high side started leaking
and i lost all my refrigerant. [i replaced it] i was told the oil mixes with the gas and when you lose refrigerant you lose your oil. so now, my question is, how do i know how much oil i have left? how do i add more? what kind? [hopefully w/o taking off compressor] thanks gary
How do you lose refrigerant when there is supposed to have a cap on? In any case, you do lose some oil... but when you refill, you are actually adding oil too. No refrigerant comes completely dry... they all have some oil too.