'81 380SL help - heater control valve

Help -
I have '81 380SL. The problem started about three months ago when the heater quit working. Recently, the heater control valve began leaking coolant. Going through all (and I do mean all) the MB parts web sites, the
only part available for this heater control valve unit is something called "mono valve repair kit" which I have ordered/recieved. That repair part is a slug with some seals on it that is obviously intended for some sort of solenoid valve. Upon removal and disassembly of the heater control valve, I discovered that the plastic body of the valve (the portion which has various chambers for coolant) was fractured and that fracture was the cause of the leakage. The thing which is of real concern is that the heater control valve I have does not utilize a solenoid at all, but rather uses a rather elaborate motor/gear/vacuum system - i.e. no solenoid slug anywhere inside. Now my "real" problem........If I order up a replacement heater control valve for this car, knowing that a "repair kit" part supposedly for this car is not used in this unit, how do I know what heater valve to order?????
Arggg.
Anyone have a set of the repair Cd's for this MB that they want to sell?
TIA, Tom
I am not an expert on 81 380's, but I don't believe you have a mono valve on that model. Return that kit. Now for the bad news. What you do have is a currently very expensive vacuum/electric control unit (got a whole bunch of vac lines coming into it from a plug.) New ones are outrageously expensive. But you can get a very good rebilt one here: Rusty Cullens 1-800-741-5252...they offer a rebilt ACC Servo (proper name) with aluminum body so it won't crack again for $329 exchange. Rusty's a good guy who'll treat you right...he's been in the MB parts biz for 25 years. Good luck Gary
.supernews.com...

various
valve
inside.