C-Class alarm...can anyone help?

The alarm on my 1999 Mercedes C200 does not sound when it is triggered. The indicator lamps flash rapidly as they should, but there is no acoustic sound. Could this be a problem with the system or is the 'sound' just deactivated. There is no mention in any of the manuals about being able to activate or deactivate this.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Reply to
Clifford Williams

Are you sure that you have a alarm on the car ?

;o))

Vidar K.

Reply to
Vidar Kristiansen

C-Class alarm...can anyone help? Group: alt.auto.mercedes Date: Wed, Aug 20, 2003, 12:34pm (PDT+8) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Clifford=A0Williams) The alarm on my 1999 Mercedes C200 does not sound when it is triggered. The indicator lamps flash rapidly as they should, but there is no acoustic sound. Could this be a problem with the system or is the 'sound' just deactivated. There is no mention in any of the manuals about being able to activate or deactivate this. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

***************************************************** Did it 'chirp' before when setting the alarm? Also, my hand unit has two settings, one just locks the doors (1995 C280) and the other locks the doors, lights flash, and chirps. I've noticed that many newer models of MB's don't chirp, just that the lights flash, so if yours never 'chirped', then more then likely, it doesn't. Its also a good idea to check your alarm periodically. Stay in the car, then activate the alarm, and then open a door, this should make the alarm go off, horn honking, lights flashing. HTH
Reply to
Def Lizard