Heater Control Valve Replacement

One of the heater control valves is shot on my '96 328i (it's got dual climate control). The other is working fine.

Is it possible to change just one of the valves? I know BMW only sell the complete unit with two valves but perhaps I can buy a solenoid to fit instead of forking out =A380.

I take it removing the unit is fairly simple, the problem being access isn't great. I've not found one step-by-step guide on the internet, which is a bit of a worry!

--=20 Alarustic.

Reply to
alarustic

Why not just save money by putting a manual valve in for that side.

I'm sure you could hook one up and then run some sort of cable assembly into the interior of the car so the person sitting on that side could regulate the temperature.

That would certainly be less expensive than £80.

Isn't it though.. and you thought just the expense was a problem. I believe BMW built the entire car around that one set of valves, so replacement involved simply disassembling the entire car and then reassembling it.

(For the humor impaired - it's Friday - and I don't deal well with silly questions on Fridays.)

Reply to
admin

Replaced it today - old one out, new one in - no problem.

You must have been confused with something else?

Reply to
alarustic