84 300D A/C Center Vents no Blow

My 84 300 D only blows AC from the two outer vents? Shouldn't the two center ones also be blowing cool air? Thank you for your assistance. GMac

I don't think the center vents should ever blow hot air, but yes, they should blow cold air.

THE CENTER VENTS SHOULD NOT BLOW HEAT. HOWEVER IF YOU HAVE CLIMATE CONTROL WHEELIN THE BLUE AS YOU SHOULD FOR A/C, PULL THE GLOVEBOX OUT AND PUT VACUUM TO THE RED LINE GOING AROUND TO THE CENTER OF THE BACK OF THE HEATER BOX. IF YOU CAN PUT VACUUM TO IT AND OPEN THE CENTER VENTS,THEN YOU MAY HAVE VACUUM ELEMENT LEAKING. CHECK THE VACUUM TESTER AND OBSERVE IF IT LEAKS DOWN. SOME MODELS HAVE 2 LINES GOING TO THE SAME ELEMENT. PINCH OFF 2ND LINE AND SEE IF IT HOLDS. IF IT DOES NOT YOU HAVE BAD ELEMENT AND THE DASH HAS COME OUT.
OK, OK, I know this is obvious, but stranger things have happened. Did you try sliding the vent switch to the open position? Sorry, I had to ask.
On 3 Jul 2004 18:05:30 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (RICKY HIGDON) wrote:

FREE-BROADBAND http://home.iprimus.com.au/global11 /

two
assistance.