Question about 2000 JGC A/C vents??

My a/c seems to work fine, and blows pretty cold air through far left and the center vents, above the area where the digital controls are located.

The vents to the far right, in front of the passenger seat, blow only mild air (not hot, but also not even cool).

This model has the dual air controls, and both controls are on the lowest setting. The vent control that tells the air where to go is set to direct air only to these upper vents. So, the air is not being "split" to various vents. (or else it is set not to split, it is set to go to the upper body vents).

Anyone have any idea why this is happening, and what is the cure ?? I doubt that I could fix it, but it would give me something to speak to my mechanic about.

Thanks !!

--James--

Reply to
James

Send a valid e-mail and I'll get you some information.

br (remove the SPAM)

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
tim bur

What do these revised housings cost for a 97 TJ?

Reply to
dick

Reply to
tim bur

There is a TSB on this. This is a known problem for SEVERAL years 1998 thru

2004. Jeep should have recalled every one of them and fixed their poor design. (Yea right). Expect to pay the stealership around $900 for this fix. 8 hrs labor and about 150 parts. The dash comes out.

been there done that