88 260E FUEL RELAY QUESTION

Where is it located and is it easy to replace? I'm trying to determine if my car stauling problem is the relay or pump. I changed the filter and the problem still persists.My brother is a mechanic in another city, he told me
a way to check it. When it stalls, put it in park, raise the hood and turn the ignition on, only far enough to hear the pump kick in. If you dont hear it trying to pump for a second or two, then the relay is bad. And if you hear it kick in, then its the pump. Does this test sound accurate? For original question and symptoms see past post on 10-03-05 (88 MERCEDES 260E QUESTION) 'Thanks you for responding"
Probably behind battery. That's where for W201, similar to W124. As to the pump, it should be under car, not under hood. Trace the fuel line. It may be covered.