Peugeot 807 Fuel additive ECU - where located

Does anyone know where the fuel additive ecu is located on Peugeot 807 (04 reg) 2.0 HDi? I have a "Fuel additive minimum level" warning and would like to check the fuel cap sensor at the ecu end of cable. I can hear the sensor clicking at fuel cap end but that might mean nothing.

The dealer is talking about changing everything vaguely associated with the diesel additive system - Fuel cap sensor, additive tank, additive ecu and particulate filter. I would like to eliminate some of the possibilities.

Reply to
weematt

Sorry, I don't know where the additive ECU is on an 807. You could try the Honest John forum

I had the same message on my 307 HDi. The additive tank could be empty, in which case it needs filling. A duff fuel cap sensor will give the same error message, so check it if you can. The additive ECU needs telling that it's been refilled and the engine ECU has to have the fault code cleared. This has do be done with the proper equipment, usually at a Peugeot dealer.

Don't listen to them! There's no logical reason to replace all the components of the additive system. It just saves them time. Stand your ground and ask them why all those things need changing.

A Peugeot dealer tried that on with my 307 HDi. The car went in for a new fuel cap sensor. They wanted to change the additive ECU and numerous other things. I've heard that the additive ECU is difficult for them to reset and it can take them hours, time which they find hard to justify to the customer. That's why they prefer to fit new parts.

Hope that helps.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Swaby