91 300E Evaporator replacement

I have to replace the Evaporator in my 1991 and 1993 300E's as luck has it. I hoping someone with experience in this will offer some details [PDF] photos or what to look for. I was reading some procedures and gathered the
front glass needed to be removed for some reason. Any suggestions' will be appreciated. TIA