'97 E320 Gas fuel injector replacement - ever done one?

I have a suspected leaking fuel injector (#6) and want to replace it. Exhaust reeks of unburned fuel upon start up and #6 spark plug is wet.
I'd like to know if the entire fuel rail needs to be removed or if I can
cheat #6 out without removing the fuel rail.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Tom
Have you already verified that the ignition system is properly firing that plug?
Test the simple stuff first.
I agree that the basics should first be considered.
36K on the car and plugs are new.
Problem which first began at 18K is a delayed hot start which I believe occurs in part due to "flooding" from injector leak down. Getting worse.
Engine runs perfectly after start up, lots of power and good economy.