Injector Replacement

I'm getting ready to replace an injector on my 99 2wd Silverado with a 5.3. From what I can tell, it looks like I will need to remove the fuel rail and then the injector should screw out. Can anyone offer any advice to make the job easier?

Thanks! Wes Murphy

Reply to
Wesley Murphy

I don't believe the injector is threaded.... it uses a o-ring seal in the manifold. Use a little vaseline to help reinstalling the injector.

Reply to
Mad Dog