a little late but THANKS a lot to Bill D, Doug Q, Peter S, all the others

To all mentioned and also those who I forgot to:
It's been 9 years since I bought my first diesel Mercedes and several years since I began trolled here in this group. After 30 years of backyard mechanics
I came to Mercedes.
That would have been a big mistake if I hadn't found this great group of people here. I was then and am now really taken by the incredible extent and depth of knowledge that you have shared with me. I was able to fix virtually every thing that went wrong with my Benz's. including the total tear down and rebuilding of the engines and trannys. Not once in 9 years was I left with going to a dealer and getting my butt ripped off on parts and service. Yes, I had to buy some obscure parts at MB sometimes, but mostly I relied junk yards and the internet.
THANKS very much to all who helped me and especially Bill D in Atlantic City.
Why, you may be wondering, am I extended this note of gratitude at this time? Well, because I only realized over the past few weeks how good things had been. You see, I got bored with my Mercedes. There was nothing left to do on the 81 300SD and the 87 300D. So I decided to sell them and at the same time start a small auto business of my own. So, for my first project I bought a 94 Olds 88 that had a computer problem. I figured hey, I will just join the alt.auto.gm group and get info as needed it.
Man, was I in for a shock! Nobody seems to know anything there. Or at least those that do keep there mouths shut. I get responses like: "don't attempt that yourself, take it to the dealer". or "that requires special tools, don't try it". What a bunch of buttheads.
Oh well, I dug my own ditch, now I guess I will have to climb out it without help.
Thanks again for all you help. I may not be a master mechanic, but I have come a long way because of ya'all.
Yours, Bill, Plano, TX 94 Olds 96 Grand Am 98 Taurus
example of a documented problem: http://www.glocktech.net/b /
snipped-for-privacy@gflocfk.net remove all "f"'s from address