Aftermarket Supercharge

Hi everyone,

Any one hear about aftermarket supercharged modification for old C200 or C180.

Keith Beast E14 4NS Docklands

I wouldn't bother. The supercharger on the C180 K is extremely sophsiticated, not to mention the compression ratio would be different.

It would be better to trade the C180 for a C320 if you wanted more power.

Reply to
Oliver Keating

Take a look here:-

No C180s though. Mind you, they'll turn your C43 into a C60 for £27k!!!

Have you tried the MB Club UK on the Web?

I posted your question there, and that's where the answer came from.

DD

Reply to
Stratman

Just bought that cheap cheap C180 NZ$7000, wanna to play arround with this powerless project car only.

Keith E14 4NS Tiller Road

"Oliver Keating" news:bkpl4o$eha$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.btinternet.com

Ok,

Well, if you want to play around, you can stick on a low boost supercharger, (maybe extra 20% power) but remember, if you want to have a high boost system you need to reduce the compression ratio of the cylinders which is a very big job. But then you can get 50-100% more power.

However, if you have a low compression ratio, then you will loose torque at low revs.

But from what I understand, supercharges are not cheap, unless you source a second hand one.

Reply to
Oliver Keating