Aftermarket Stereos

How would you install an aftermarket stereos on some of these new cars? The 4th generation Taurus for instance has a stock radio that is combined with the digital climate controls, everything is blended in together in the consol. How in the world would you remove the existing stock stereo for an aftermarket one when the stock stereo takes up about as much area on the dash as a dish plate and is combined with climate controls?

Reply to
Eastward Bound

======================= There are install kits for it. The Taurus one is a little explensive though.

Reply to
Scott M

The Taurus radio isn't in the dash. What you're looking at is just an interface. The actual radio (RCU) is in the trunk inside the fender from the antenna. Since you have the automatic climate controls, I think you're out of luck. I know someone (Scosche maybe?) makes a replacement panel to put a single din unit and a replacement manual climate controls, but it's incompatible with your car. I don't believe anyone makes one for the auto climate.

You should check out

for more information.

CJ

Reply to
Christopher Brown

BOB

Reply to
BOB URZ

Check out Crutchfield

Reply to
Mbflash

carrys the dash and wiring kit for the Tarus. It isn't cheap, But it looks right when done. If you just want to add CD or an Amp and keep the dash as it is
can help you there too

Reply to
Im Right

As mentioned in another post, all of these kits are for MANUAL climate control. I've removed the panel in my 2000 Sable to check something, and it's one large piece with a large metal box near the top just like a normal radio. I assume that box is part of the interface and probably the automatic climate computer.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann