ALLDATAdiy spammer

When I posted my 'Hard Shifting' message a little earlier, I received the following mail from snipped-for-privacy@XXXXX.com: (XXX = anonymized)

Hey X, > > I had a similar concern with my 1988 Mercedes 250D and I > subscribed to ALLDATAdiy.com and it has been very useful. I am handy > and like to do things myself and this subscription gives me diagnosis, > repair, TBSs, recalls and labor times. I hope you find it useful - > it's pretty cheap considering the information comes directly from the > manufacturer. > > Check it out - I copied the link below for you. > >
> Andy Deil

I was a little suspicious, cause it sounded a bit like a commercial to me. Especially with the embedded number in the link. I checked the alldatadiy site and found that they have no info for a '87 250D and they don't have any info for a '88 250D either!

I mailed Andy to ask him to tell me a little more about his 'similar problem' but received no reply.

My conclusion is that this 'guy' is spamming people who post to this group. A little googling turned up similar messages:

X.

Reply to
Ximinez

Yup. I've gotten that exact message from "Andy" and some other name after posts here. It's a spammer.

Reply to
runbiodiesel