C230 Accessory Power.

What doesn't my 2003 C230 have power to the Cig Lighter when the key is off. Is there an easy fix to charge my cell phone or do I have to wire in a new
acces. Plug for that purpose to constant power? Thx
--
Dom Murphy
...Too Many to List!

Yeah. I discovered this today when I hooked up my new PDA/GPS and had to turn key to get power to it.
Kal (2002 C320)
Measures to secure the battery, no doubt. In my 2001 CLK I noticed that when the mobile phone (Nokia GSM) was left to charge in the integrated cradle, it continued to do just that even when the ignition was completely off.
However, earlier this year I had the new cradle system fitted to take the new Nokia 6310i and I found that the phone/system switches itself off after about 10 min if the ignition is off. This change was later confirmed by the Merc dealer who fitted the kit.
DAS --