C280, 1998, are there any DIY / C280 for Dummies / maintainance books available.

I just bought my 98 C280 and would like to learn all about the features and maintainance of my new baby. The factory manual is too tech and indescriptive for me. I reckognize that this may be the Baby Benz for beginners, but she certainly manages to make me feel like a million bucks every time I get to drive her. My goal is to do as much proper maintainance as I can by myself, but I am just a lover not knowing what he is up to. IE: I just had a oxygen sensor installed ($318) after the "check engine" light came on. This was on my way back from Miami to Santa Fe,NM, where I bought the car. Rumour has it that even a improper tightened gas cap could have caused the light to come on. My next problem is my rear left blinker, see above post, just works when it wants too. I have had 5 MB'S in the past, but this one is already dear to my heart after one week and I want to take good care off her. I appreciate any pointers.

Reply to
tollerkoch

Use a synthetic motor oil and follow the Flexible Service System mileage change schedule. I have the '98 C230, which is only a 4 cyl, but it has given me great pleasure. I get close to 30mph city and highway mix. Just baby her, and she will baby you right back.

Sherm

Reply to
Sherman Kaplan

I purchased a 1999 C230 about 2 weeks ago. It seems kind of gruff in the mornings until its warmed up a bit. It has some vibration or droning sound emiting from the the passenger floor and it's intrusive. Is this common on this model?

Reply to
VIPERS969

Get someone to have the exhaust pipe check.

Wanna to DIY,

is a good place to go.

"VIPERS969" news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m10.news.cs.com

Reply to
admin

I checked the exhaust. The vibration is when its in drive and when its between

1500 to 2500 rpm's. The car has 75,000 miles and it has a production date of 6/98. I'm wondering if its due for motor mounts and tranny mount. The car in park idles fine with mininal vibration.
Reply to
VIPERS969