85 190e early shifting automatic

How do I get my car to start off in first gear?

ever since I got the car it had very early and soft shifting.

never actually seen the first gear until yesterday. it still starts in second gear even after adjusting the cable that goes to the transmission. but now it will kick down to first if i step on it and it also shifts later.

I've heard that there's a switch somewhere to control how the transmission behaves; more "sporty" or more "comfort" oriented.

Where is this elusive switch? or is that on later models?

thanks

cb

Reply to
chris

The switch (on my 1993 190) is next to the gear lever base.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling