C280 Sport vs Luxury...what are differences?

I have been shopping C280 since finding a low mileage 1997.

What is the difference between the Standard sedan vs Sport package? (I have noted white gauges on some; I presume that's sport kit)

Reply to
seacraft

I still keep my first mercedes catalogue. The sport model has 16 inch light alloy wheels and lowered sports suspension. Deep front spoiler and side skirts are painted in the body colour. Leather seat is optional. Sport seats. Interior panel is some "spider" pattern instead of the red wood for others.

The Esprit is similar to Sport. It machanically identical to Sport and both don't have the front armrest and storage compartment. Sport has ivory gauges and Esprit has standard seat, guages and steering wheel and different sporty alloy wheels.

The real sport model of C-class is the AMG 43 or AMG 32. The cylinder head and fuel injected programme are modified.

k-beast E14 "seacraft" news:mCHcc.7790$% snipped-for-privacy@bignews1.bellsouth.net > I have been shopping C280 since finding a low mileage 1997.

Reply to
admin

The most important is it has the SPORT badge!

K-beast E14

Reply to
admin

The Sport package consists of wheel and suspension upgrades (firmer shock absorbers, larger-diameter front and rear stabilizer bars sport tuned for crisper handling, bigger sport alloy wheels and lower profile performance tires), sport seats (leather is part of the U.S. sport package), white gauges, front airdam, side skirts, carbon fiber look trim interior panels instead of the wood trim, telescoping sport steering wheel, and of course the SPORT badge on the sides. It wasa pricing deal as teh leather came as part of the sport package for only ~$1700 for the sport option. The leather seats as an option alone was very close in price to the whole sport package. It was a great deal when I got mine.

Robert

1999 C 230 Kompressor Sport 2000 ML320
Reply to
rga

Without question get the sport model if you have the choice. From:

1997 C280

C6 C280 Sport Package Firmer stabilizer bars and shocks. Faster steering ratio. Performance 205/60 R15 tire. Aluminum alloy wheels. Sport emblems. Monochromatic body trim. Sport front seats. Sport-design interior trim. Leather upholstery (grey or black). Leather-trimmed sport steering wheel and sport gearshift knob.

1998 C280

C6 C280 Sport Package Four 7.0Jx16 6-spoke alloy wheels. Four 205/55 R16 91H performance tires. Sport-tuned suspension. Monochromatic body trim. Sport B-pillar trim. Matte black door handles. Grey or black leather upholstery. Sport-contoured front seats. Sport steering wheel with telescoping column. Ivory-color instrument faces. Sport trim on dash, console and doors. Sport shift knob.

in the US, all that for only $900, what a deal.

Reply to
steve