Click???

OK gurus, '91 350SDL ( no giggles! ) at idle, temp guage reading ~90c after 5mi trip level ground 55mph, a/c off, neither aux fan operating but a very
distinct "click" being heard, sounds similar to a spark you get when jumping a battery. Opened the hood, but could not pinpoint the noise. My theory is that there is some switch/relay that tells the aux fan to start running but this one is shorting out. Have any ideas????
Dave
<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html> 90C does not trigger the aux fan yet.&nbsp; It will be around 105 or 110.&nbsp; However, running A/C should trigger the aux fan. <p>Basically you need the wiring diagram, a multimeter and jumping wireto do the debug.&nbsp; ALLDATADIY.com is a good online source but it needs annual subscription ($35? first car, $14 add'l).&nbsp; The graphic on MB CD manual is not very clear.&nbsp; If you want (and don't mind the fuzziness), contact me by email and I can fax the page to you. <p>d drake wrote:<blockquote TYPE=CITE>Help