91 Ranger Temp Guage Problem

The temp guage on my 91 Ranger always stays over to the very far right (C) position but will move slightly when driving the vehicle for a while. I know it is inaccurate but is it the sensor or could it be another problem?

Thanks,

Kamevil

Reply to
kamevil

How do you know it is inaccurate ? Maybe your thermostat has failed.

Reply to
Tim B

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

my 4 cyl ranger temp gauge stayed to the left (showing cold). I pulled the stored codes from the computer and it had a coolant sensor out of range code. Check the sensor. John

Reply to
jriegle