CLK500 A/C

Have a 2003 CLK500, when I push the A/C off button cold air continues to come out the vents, seems as if it is not shutting off the compressor. To shut the compressor I must shut the fan then when I turn on the fan the air gets warmer as the compressor shuts off. Seems like the microprossor is confused. Any tricks to get it right or am I off to a trip to the dealer.

Reply to
Stephen Rabinowitz

Check the owners manual first. It appears that you are shutting off the auto climate control unit. The ventilation system will still hold the temperature that you have set as the fan will still be set at the speed selected. The A/C will function to maintain the temperature setpoint. To truly turn off the compressor, the fan needs to be turned off. This is true when the outside temp would require te A/C to function to reduce the interior temp.

Hope this helps

Reply to
Larry B.